Adding some Sunshine to Hair!

Hey loves -

We all know summer is coming & the itch to do something different with our hair gets us. I personally like my hair super black, all year round, so I try to lighten up other peoples hair if they let me so I can play around. I love caramel or blondish highlights in the summer - I think it softens up a face and looks so pretty with a tan. My mom usually has dark brown hair that she dyes about once a month. While she looks so pretty - I do love her hair with some blonde in it. My graduation is coming up and shes wearing an orange dress with gold accents. We thought black would be too harsh with the orange - its not Halloween! We decided to take a trip to our local beauty supply store - where everything is super cheap - and play around with her hair. I thought it would be nice to do a base of just medium brown and then some golden brown highlights. For all those who don't now - this is a process! Expect a waiting game. We had to dye her hair brown, then put a cap on and pull hair out of the cap in order to lift the color with peroxide - then you have to wait - wash that out- then dye it the highlight color. It is time consuming but I think its worth it. Highlights can brighten up a face so much and just soften your overall look. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think. Love, Dina 

PS- By no means am I an expert in doing this  - I just like to have fun with hair and play around with hers. :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 


Hi!

Hi - I'm Dina. I'm a pretty average 21 year old from Jersey. I love reading blogs so I thought I would start Love, Dina to connect with other bloggers & share my own life & thoughts. Enjoy - Love, Dina :)